Besides a lot of splashing around, we managed to get quite a bit done around here. Well, that is if you count moving backwards in a few areas getting a lot done. We took some of the wainscoting down in E’s bathroom to make the pocket door work a little smoother. Once this is closed up again, we’ll install the trim around this door and mark this room complete. It’s been one of those nagging things that we just could never get around to – and it was not an enjoyable task getting it down, and chiseling the adhesive off the back of the beadboard and the plywood. (And I can say this, even though I had no part in it.) We, as in he, also did some work on a corner in the third floor studio that he wasn’t happy with. So the green paint will some out again later this week.
Stepping backwards wasn’t all we did though. We did finish out some of the wardrobes that we have in each room – adding shelves and rods and moving things around to fit items that we want to store in each place. I love the flexibility these cabinets afford us, and I’ll post some photos of the new layouts once everything is painted and reinstalled and the piles are off the floor and back where they belong.
Lots of progress was made on the birthday party preparations. E worked on the puzzle favors for her friends while I got the pieces cut out and assembled for the invitations. The best part was working on the paper cars that will hold the party favors. I got the idea from a slightly larger folded car that a kids meal at a local restaurant came in. I took the car home, flattened it, copied and reduced it in size, patched the pieces back together and then made a pattern on card stock. They take awhile to cut and score, but the assembly is a lot of fun, and they are just so darn cute. All of her parties have been a lot of fun to work on, but I think the car one is my favorite. Plus we tried out the mini car cake recipe, and eating little cars is the most fun of all.