This is a blog about an old house with a new life (and all the lives within it). There are plenty of stories to tell.
- this post is more about demolition than the last one on
- soil, by Irene Mathieu on
- wish list: appliances and fixtures on
- lucky thirteen: a love story and an attic bedroom on
- lucky thirteen: a love story and bright bathroom on
- what’s happening with your big renovation project? on
- kitchen zones (that have nothing to do with triangles) on
- the gift of noticing on
- revolutions* on
- 2020 – stay for the exhale on
Daily Archives: January 13, 2013
One more photo of the new haircut… for the grandmothers who tend to get a little sentimental about these sorts of things.
This morning F was singing this song under her breath while she got ready:
Not one ponytail,
Not one braid!
Not one rubberband in my hair –
Just a bow!
Later on she was singing her own version of the Twelve Days of Christmas:
On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…
Six white children
And a vulture and a bare tree
The hair around here was starting to reach fairy tale status…
So for the first time in three-and-a-half years… we took some scissors to the mane. (Pardon the blurries, she was tossing her head a lot after it was cut.)
One lollipop and one sparkly ring treat later, we left the salon SEVEN inches shorter, and considerably lighter in step.