E spent the last two weeks at South Broadway Art Project camps – her first week was printmaking and urban design, and then she did clay camp. The program is run by good friends of ours, and I can’t speak more highly of it. E showed us her portfolio from the first week and I immediately set to work to find places to display it.
I took some of the work to get it drymounted onto foamcore – one of the best (and least expensive) ways to semi-protect it and dsplay it. But even I wasn’t willing to fork over the dough to do it for a few of these pieces. It’s hard to spend $30 or $40 a piece when I have the foamcore and the right type of spray adhesive at home already. I’ll tackle that on my own next weekend.
I loved this small linoleum cut she made, and one of the resulting prints in aqua.
I found a great shadowbox frame in my favorite Fineline brand (not cheap, but very worth it), and mounted both of them. I put a spacer behind the print so that they were in the same plane. She was pretty tickled with it. And it’s easy enough to open if she want to snag the stamp back out again and use it.
She did a couple of these splatter prints – I love the colors in them, and the two side by side were nice. These are another two that I’ll dry mount on my own and add to the revolving displays around here. She also did a fantastic shirt, but she took it to the lake this weekend, so I’ll photograph it for part two (when I show some of the clay work).
And – unrelated to camp – this is the poster for Circus Flora that I did leave to be professionally drymounted.
If you remember, she has this one from last year hanging on her sloped wall. We’re going to scoot it over and add The Wizard in her new surprise room makeover. These prints are even more beautiful in person – and she really loved the theme this year. I love the references to all the things she loves right now – Merlin and King Arthur and Harry Potter…
I’m pretty excited about the projects we have going on this summer…