2. her first big tooth…it’s come in right behind her baby teeth which are still as snug as can be. But we’re expecting some wiggle any day now and a visit from a fairy.
3. the school book fair…it started today and the pile of donated books was piling up nicely on the table by lunchtime. (Plus 20% of all purchases in the store over the weekend will be donated to the school’s library.) So I got to spend the morning hanging out in a bookstore eating scones and trying not to purchase every book in sight. I wasn’t too successful. E’s grandparents and great grandparents added to the pile. (Thanks guys!)
4. the idea percolating in my head for this year’s Christmas card
5. Artist to Artist: 23 Major Illustrators Talk to Children about Their Art…as I first read on Soule Mama. One copy will be safely lodged in the Studio Art section at E’s school and the other will be wrapped up under the tree for the lucky lady. Take time to read the review at the link above, and get a taste of the inspiration inside this beautiful, thick book.
6. our yearly tradition of painting ornaments…the girl’s a factory when it comes to paint and ceramics.
7. not one, but TWO playdates with buddy O
8. magnatiles – wonderful magnatiles
9. the –igh sound, like in “night”. The other night E told me that she knew now that “night” was spelled n-i-g-h-t and not n-i-t-e like she first thought. All the papers from the next three days came home with phrases like this: “The chicken was smighling at me” and “He lighks you very much”.